Mónica Villaverde was born in Madrid, Spain, in 1985. She received the B.Sc. degree in Telecommunication Engineering (Electronic Systems), the B.Sc. degree in Automatic and Industrial Electronics Engineering and the M.Sc. degree in Industrial Electronics from the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain, in 2009, 2012 and 2014, respectively.
She is currently a full-time researcher working toward the Ph.D. degree at Centro de Electrónica Industrial (CEI), UPM, under the FPU program grant supported by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports. At the beginning of 2017, she started a 3-months doctoral research stay in the Design Automation and Reconfigurable Computing Laboratory (DARCLab) of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Texas at Dallas (UTD). Her research interests include cooperative and adaptive systems, embedded intelligence, hardware-software co-design and digital signal processing.
- M. Villaverde, D. Pérez, F. Moreno, “Self-Learning Embedded System for Object Identification in Intelligent Infrastructure Sensors” Sensors 2015, Vol. 15, Issue 11, pp. 29056-29078, ISSN: 1424-8220.
- M. Villaverde, D. Pérez, F. Moreno, “Adaptive-Reactive Cooperative System for Object Identification” 2015 Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD 2015) Work in Progress Session, Funchal, Madeira (Portugal).
- D. Pérez, M. Villaverde, F. Moreno, “Towards an Adaptive Hardware Parallel Particle Filter” 2015 Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD 2015) Work in Progress Session, Funchal, Madeira (Portugal).
- M. Villaverde, D. Pérez and F. Moreno, "Cooperative learning model based on multi-agent architecture for embedded intelligent systems," IECON 2014 – 40th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Dallas, TX, 2014, pp. 2724-2730.
- D. Pérez, M. Villaverde, F. Moreno, N. Nogar, F. Ezcurra and E. Aznar, "Low-cost radar-based target identification prototype using an expert system," 2014 12th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN), Porto Alegre, 2014, pp. 54-59.